Himalayan salt lamps are a big part of my bedtime routine. For me, the biggest benefit is the light they emit, a warm, soft, amber glow that immediately relaxes and soothes me purely by looking at them. I always use one when meditating, and they are also a great addition to an alter if you have one. Or they can just provide a mindful space in your home or bedroom, by giving it a soothing therapeutic feel.
Himalayan salt lamps are made from pure, food grade, Himalayan salt crystals. True Himalayan Salt comes from the western side of the Himalayan Mountains in Pakistan. Once mined, this salt is hand carved into lamps or powdered to use as salt in food. The only salt I use in food or cooking, is Himalayan Pink salt. This is because when taken internally, it balances your body’s natural Ph and helps keeps your body in an alkaline state.
But I bought them as they have many other benefits;
- They emit negative ions, the best way to increase your negative ions is to get outside and go for a walk somewhere green, but as this is not always an option, a salt lamp can help.
- Neutralise the effects of electronics, like phones, tablets and wifi.
- Boost mood and energy levels and may help with SAD disorder.
- Soothing for Allergies; Salt lamps have the ability to remove pollen, dust and smoke from the room.
- Reduce stress, and help re-energize and revitalize the body.
- Can aid sleep.They give off a warm orange glow, similar to the ones found in a campfire or candlelight. For this reason, they make a great night light without negatively affecting sleep.
Sometimes it’s hard to find an authentic Himalayan salt lamp, so I recommend Be42. I know Sandra the owner sources all her items very carefully, and also gives 5% of all takings to MIND, which I think is a really lovely idea.
Next week in my Facebook Group, we are discussing sleep and we will be trying different options to help us get a better night sleep. I would love to see you in there, so come on board if you want to join the challenge to get a restful 8 hours sleep!